Subject: RE: Sparks for Intel!
From: Stephen Bowie <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 16:26:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 3 Oct 1995 [email-masked] wrote:

> 
> Would Amiga users be willing to PAY for these plug-ins though??
> 
> 

SNIP....

> The huge number of PC users out there is the reason that developers can 
> sell hardware/software so cheaply for the PC....and the dwindling number 
> of (buying) Amiga users is why prices are skyrocketing for the Amiga.
>  
>                                      -David Warner

And if this condition continues, it's quite possible that any 'plug-in' 
type advancements on the Amiga LW may continue to be in large part the 
result of skilled amateurs hacking out code, or taking advantage of the 
admitted benefits of AREXX.

Still, it seems obvious that not as much effort goes into porting as the 
original creation (IMHO), and further, it likewise seems obvious that it 
should be less complex to program for the relatively limited array of 
Amiga add-ons versus the bewildering plethora of peecee graphics cards, 
cpu's, etc.

None of the above is of course the overwhelming determinant in what 
appears on any platform - it would be nice if all things could continue 
equal, and I suspect most Ami users are used to paying more, and are 
willing to continue to a point.  But for the time being, Macroform is Ami 
only, Sparks isn't, WCS is going Windoze, Photoshop has no Arexx...live 
with it!

Life is analog, #$%^ happens.

	Steve Bowie [email-masked] 
	North York, Ontario, Canada
	(Somewhat Optimistic Company Name Removed out of 
	 Modesty and Respect - for Now! :-)

--
Stephen Bowie <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]